www.allouttabubblegum.com

Your Action Film Pilgrimage Begins Here

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Kain's Quest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:43 pm 

Pilot episode here.

Rant and rave, folks.

“How famous was I? When I was a somebody, Jackie Chan was a nobody.”
—Angela Mao

Post subject: Re: Kain's Quest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:59 pm 

I liked it, found it to be funny and interesting, but I am not going to fight your claim that it might be a bit long, mainly because I kind of agree. Also, Predator, where or when?

As for requests I wouldn't mind seeing something on The Secret Of King Mahis Island.

ArnoldVoslooT800 wrote:
He sexually and physically abused Kari Wuhrer and killed another whore in Boulevard . If that's not badass then I doubt you guys know what is...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 pm 

Yeah, I dug it too, but found it a bit long. I found the background behind the film and its crew/cast really interesting and I hope the John Woo mini-biography continues if you do anymore of his films.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 am 

Good to know. It would have been 20 minutes long if I hadn't cut out more dialog (some of it repeated stuff) and live-action scenes. But I will do more John Woo. I'll probably try and do a video for each one of his films... I spent several minutes setting this one up with the Fists Of The Double K stuff, but I wanted to explain that rope connection and the Jackie Chan connection a bit.

Will also do The Secret Of King Mahis Island next. This series will be pretty much completely based on other people's input.

—Angela Mao

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:11 pm 

I liked it. It was a bit rough and too long,but mostly entertaining with some good editing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:05 am 

Cool. I'm guessing the average on will be about half as long... maybe close to ten minutes, depending on how much I have to say about whatever the episode is about.

Speaking of which, I'm done writing the next one. Will commence recording dialog tomorrow and then onto the editing.

—Angela Mao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:15 pm 

Oh, man, I thought the new Gary Daniels episode was great. I laughed out loud several times. It really helps when you've got a really cheesy piece of shit (but a presumably very entertaining one) to work with.

I know I've recommended this in the Movie Knight thread, but how about a review of When Eagles Strike? It's obscure-as-Hell, set in the Philippines (even though the DVD cover shows a desert), has lots of action and idiotic lines, and is direct-to-DVD.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm 

The Secret Of King Mahis Island (1988)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I fucking LMFAO on this one , no bull !

Please do make more ... BTW , will there be a killcount ? (though given the number listed on Daniels' page , this vid is practically already it)

Curci, fuck you and your whole fucking miserable existence. Think a hundred times before you ever get an urge to return.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 pm 

The term "adventure boat" is my new favourite vehicle description.

As for requests for the future I could enjoy some Bloodfight.

ArnoldVoslooT800 wrote:
He sexually and physically abused Kari Wuhrer and killed another whore in Boulevard . If that's not badass then I doubt you guys know what is...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:55 pm 

The Hestinator wrote:
Oh, man, I thought the new Gary Daniels episode was great. I laughed out loud several times. It really helps when you've got a really cheesy piece of shit (but a presumably very entertaining one) to work with.

It's weird. I remember watching it for the first time and thinking it was pretty shitty, but when I was watching it again for this one I started thinking it was actually sort of brilliant in its own cheesy way. It's goofy as hell, but there is actually tons of action to keep you entertained and the script is kinda lousy, but fairly well put together. I'll bet if they had a bigger budget it would have rivaled Indiana Jones in awesomeness... but for all the wrong reasons.

The Hestinator wrote:
I know I've recommended this in the Movie Knight thread, but how about a review of When Eagles Strike? It's obscure-as-Hell, set in the Philippines (even though the DVD cover shows a desert), has lots of action and idiotic lines, and is direct-to-DVD.

Yeah, I'll have to track that one down. But since you've requested it, it will be done when I get my hands on a copy.

H83tr3d wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I fucking LMFAO on this one , no bull !

Please do make more ... BTW , will there be a killcount ? (though given the number listed on Daniels' page , this vid is practically already it)

I was going to do one back before my last computer crapped out on me. I still could, especially now that I've finally uploaded all the footage onto my PC. Glad you liked this one. I always think my sense of humor and delivery is actually very dry, so it's good to see people laughing.

Rutledal wrote:
The term "adventure boat" is my new favourite vehicle description.

When I was writing my notes, it occurred to me that there was no other way I could describe their sad little vessel. It looks like something out of Mark Twain's forgotten Philipino youth, but they've somehow stacked like a dozen people on it. So when I wrote it, I capitalized it as Adventure Boat, and quietly chuckled to myself. Happy you liked it as well.

Rutledal wrote:
As for requests for the future I could enjoy some Bloodfight.

Oh, definitely. If I keep this series up (will probably make a whole new page for it), I'll very likely end up doing the whole series.

—Angela Mao

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next