www.allouttabubblegum.com

Your Action Film Pilgrimage Begins Here

It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kain's Quest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:58 pm 

Thanks, I'll have to look him up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:10 pm 

Watched the video for the underrated On Deadly Ground and I think it's interesting to note how Seagal is no longer a left-wing celebrity. He's now best buds with far-right fascist Vladimir Putin and called for Obama's resignation (not that Obama is that far to the left anyway). It makes me wonder if Seagal has any political convictions at all, or if spews whatever is fashionable at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:19 pm 

It was a strange thing for me to get into Seagal so late in life. I watched all of his films in chronological order and was absolutely shocked to see him go from being this left-wing Billy Jack type to seemingly just giving up after The Patriot. I don't understand the guy at all anymore. His interviews are just flat out weird and his movies are either passable or terrible.

"Sometimes you need a certain rhetoric to get people motivated."
—President Donald J. Trump

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:25 pm 

I definitely got into Seagal at too young an age. Out for Justice hooked me because as you say it's just a series of super violent scenes.

ArnoldVoslooT800 wrote:
He sexually and physically abused Kari Wuhrer and killed another whore in Boulevard . If that's not badass then I doubt you guys know what is...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:04 am 

Call me biased, but I think this is my favourite episode of KQ yet. It's refreshing to see a (admittedly strange and flawed) action film that usually gets shit on get some long overdue praise.

The apparent sudden shift in Seagal's politics has always baffled me too. Maybe there's just some truth to the myth that everyone gets more right-wing as they get older.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:59 am 

I really need to see these Billy Jack films thanks to your vid Kain ;) also gotta love Billy Bob in this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:42 am 

I have the Billy Jack box set, it's hard to come by and the fourth film is heavily cut.

ArnoldVoslooT800 wrote:
He sexually and physically abused Kari Wuhrer and killed another whore in Boulevard . If that's not badass then I doubt you guys know what is...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:49 am 

Looking forward to giving this one a watch!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:58 pm 

This episode was pretty good, if I may express myself, I think the tone and the style of this Kain Quest should become a standard for the show.

I've been introduced to Seagal by my dad, it was his favourite action star from the "new era". And I say new era since he was raised in the late 60's and 70's, so he was naturally a fan of old school action stars like Bronson. I think he managed to find a kind of brutal raw honesty from Seagal, which he didn't find in any other actor of the new era.

Concerning On Deadly Ground itself, I think Kain is pretty spot on what make this movie so good and unique. One thing you may have forgotten Kain, is the soundtrack, an epic one made by Basil Poledouris.

And about Seagal's sudden shift, I think it's more the world he is around that's shifting rather than himself. What I mean is he started to make 90's action movies when he was able to do so, when the studios gave him a lot of money and when he was a big star. Nowadays, he switched to DTV, TV series, and reality TV, because that's where he is able to be an hardcore action star and do the stuff he likes while making a quick buck. It's no wonders if the guy is changing since he used to be a "mainstream" actor, and nowadays, he's more underground.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:49 pm 

Lower budgets and more limited releases doesn't explain going from "hold the government responsible" and "save the earth" to hanging out with mass murdering dictator and real life super villain Vladimir Putin.

You don't see Paul McCartney chilling with Mugabe exactly.

ArnoldVoslooT800 wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next