www.allouttabubblegum.com

Your Action Film Pilgrimage Begins Here

It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Kain's Quest
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:16 pm 

Yeah, it's tough to say just why it hasn't been matched. I think you're probably right. Cameron simply put too much together so well. No has been able to replicate it because it was something of a fluke to begin with. Lightning in a bottle, as they say.

But don't get me wrong on Terminator 2. As I said in the video, it's definitely one of the greatest Action films ever produced. But it does operate, functionally, as a kind of replacement for the original. And that's what I take issue with. On its own, T2 is amazing. And that's something you can't say of the other sequels.

“How famous was I? When I was a somebody, Jackie Chan was a nobody.”
—Angela Mao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm 

Kain424 wrote:
But it does operate, functionally, as a kind of replacement for the original. And that's what I take issue with.

I've never felt that way, the two movies are two distinct entities in my mind: one being the tecnoir masterpiece, and the other being the best action blockbuster of all time. But I understand you're point of view, considering how most people prefer T2 over the original.

Kain424 wrote:
Yeah, it's tough to say just why it hasn't been matched. I think you're probably right. Cameron simply put too much together so well. No has been able to replicate it because it was something of a fluke to begin with. Lightning in a bottle, as they say.

Funny thing is, I think Cameron sais he was considering coming back to the franchise in an interview a few months after Genysis, but I guess he's in too much trouble with the dozens of Avatar sequels.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 am 

He's all set to get somebody to direct (Tim Miller!) while he produces and acts as "creative consultant"

"Nobody likes you. Everybody hates you. You're gonna lose. Smile, you fuck"
-Bruce Willis in "The Last Boyscout"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:44 pm 

Could be interesting, though I really don't have high hope for the project. Been burned so many times now.

“How famous was I? When I was a somebody, Jackie Chan was a nobody.”
—Angela Mao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:29 pm 

I have a dumb question that may have been asked already. How does one create their own videos using film clips from DVDs? What program(s?) are necessary, how does one select the clips they want to use, etc.? I've never done anything like this before, so I'm curious.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:29 pm 

The Hestinator wrote:
I have a dumb question that may have been asked already. How does one create their own videos using film clips from DVDs? What program(s?) are necessary, how does one select the clips they want to use, etc.? I've never done anything like this before, so I'm curious.

Anyone? Also, how legal is it to rip footage from a DVD and post it in a YouTube video? If Net Neutrality ends in the United States, will this be affected at all? I'm probably not asking this in the right thread, but whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 pm 

I don't think there is any complete tutorials on how to do it, though it would be much needed. I think most people do it by intuition. But there is individual tutorials, on sites and on Youtube, for each software needed that you could check.

-For ripping DVDs you would need a software like DVDfab, or anything similar.

-Next, an editing software; I use Vegas Pro, it's pretty expensive, but there are "means" to get it for free. Haven't checked free video editing software in a long time, but I heard Windows movie maker is pretty good. I actually started with it a long time ago, but it was very limited at the time. If you're on Apple, there is Imovies which is free, don't know anything about it, but satanclause use it. Watching or reading a few introductary tutorials are mandatory if you want to get started.

-I'd also advise to convert you're video in small clips in a format that you're editing software will be able to use easily. Instead of toying with the full movie in you're editing software, you'll have specific scenes in clip of a few minutes that are much less stressfull for you're computer, and easier to edit. Handbrake is the best converting tool, and it's free. You'd need to watch a few tutorials in order to understand video formats and how to properly clip part of the movies you want to edit.

-The issue of fair use is a big mess, sometimes Youtube will block the video, sometimes you won't be able to make money out of it, sometimes it's fine. It all depends on circonstance, and how the copyrights owner reacts (Fortune star media is for example a bunch of Aholes who send flags, which arm Youtube channels). I don't think net neutrality will affect fair use specifically; but it might indirectly do something.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 pm 

Thanks, Jaws! You've been a big help!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18