www.allouttabubblegum.com

Your Action Film Pilgrimage Begins Here

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816 ... 840  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's The Last Movie You Watched?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:09 pm 

jawsunleashed wrote:
The Accountant (2016)

Jesus, what a fascinating movie! they manage to make such an original action movie with Ben Affleck as a lead. 9/10

I watched it myself a couple of weeks ago, and was really impressed by it. I'm glad to see that mainstream Hollywood seems to be getting out of the shakey-cam, quick cutting era of action cinema, probably thanks to the success of John Wick. Plus it's nice to know people on the spectrum now have their own badass hero to look up to (other than Chocolate, of course) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:02 am 

Killzone 2

Holy shit.

“How famous was I? When I was a somebody, Jackie Chan was a nobody.”
—Angela Mao

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:12 pm 

The Night Before:
Funny Seth Rogen comedy. Surprisingly heartfelt too. James Franco's cameo is hilarious. 7/10.

Krampus:
Hurt by its pg-13 rating. 5/10.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi:
Bay is a bit subdued on this one which is a plus. It's still not subtle or deep or anything but it entertains. 7/10.

My Name Is Bruce:
Bruce Campbell is hilarious in this one playing an exaggerated douchebag version of himself. It's too bad the bad guy isn't that good. 7/10.

The Shallows:
I love these kind of minimalist horror movies. Not the most realistic probably but it is tense and dramatic. 8/10.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 pm 

Bananajuice wrote:
Krampus:

That didn't really bother me because the film is intended to be a homage 80s 'gateway' horror movies, such as Gremlins and Monster Squad.

Bananajuice wrote:
The Shallows:
I love these kind of minimalist horror movies. Not the most realistic probably but it is tense and dramatic. 8/10.

I keep hearing mixed things about that, but I'll probably check it out at some point. At the very least it has to be one of the better Steven Seagal movies of 2016 ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:17 am 

satanclause wrote:
Bananajuice wrote:
Krampus:

That didn't really bother me because the film is intended to be a homage 80s 'gateway' horror movies, such as Gremlins and Monster Squad.

That was one thing I thought about as well but I could just imagined it with louds of blood and it seemed a missed opportunity. Maybe a 5 is a bit harsh, maybe it's a 6/10.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:18 pm 

The Conjuring 2:
James Wan is one of the biggest directors in horror ever. He manages some great atmosphere and build up. Its ending is bit anti climactic and it feels a bit too long. With the whole Patrick Wilson is haunted thing I felt like I was watching a Insidious movie which was confusing as hell. 7/10.

Hard Target 2:
It's been said already but I'll say it again, the slow-mo in this is ridiculous. Also disappointed at the end he didn't turn around and attack the start base and kill everyone. 5/10.

xXx (rewatch):
Wow this movie is dumb. Vinnie is a massive tool/douche. He is terrible to women. And he starts the movie stealing a car so he can destroy it for a youtube video (or something like that). I mean damn, that shit can't be serious. Vinnie's face is cgi'd on to his stuntdoubles except cgi was at a PlayStation2 level back then so it looks terrible. But a big muscular guy makes things go kabloowie and it is unintentionally hilarious at points (I know they are some sort of X-ray binoculars but seeing Vin stare at a wall with them intently is fucking funny). 4/10.

Assassins Creed:
Dumb as nails but so much fun. The action stuff works (except all the leaps of faith which are just stupid). there's some fun parkour chase scenes, lots of hand to hand combat. It helps that the film takes itself deadly serious and I love that I got to see a movie again that opened with an old fashioned text crawl. 7/10.

The Founder:
A movie about greed. The main character is a big asshole to the nice people in this film but I felt like still maybe I should root for him. 8/10.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm 

satanclause wrote:
Bananajuice wrote:
The Shallows:

I keep hearing mixed things about that, but I'll probably check it out at some point. At the very least it has to be one of the better Steven Seagal movies of 2016 ;)

wat

—Angela Mao

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 pm 

Bananajuice wrote:
xXx (rewatch):
Wow this movie is dumb. Vinnie is a massive tool/douche. He is terrible to women. And he starts the movie stealing a car so he can destroy it for a youtube video (or something like that). I mean damn, that shit can't be serious. Vinnie's face is cgi'd on to his stuntdoubles except cgi was at a PlayStation2 level back then so it looks terrible. But a big muscular guy makes things go kabloowie and it is unintentionally hilarious at points (I know they are some sort of X-ray binoculars but seeing Vin stare at a wall with them intently is fucking funny). 4/10.

I know you just gave this movie a 4/10, but the review really makes me want to watch it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:45 pm 

Kain424 wrote:
satanclause wrote:
Bananajuice wrote:
The Shallows:

wat

:D From what I hear, The Shallows prominently features a Seagull called Steven.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 am 

It does. :lol:

—Angela Mao

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816 ... 840  Next